Monday, June 11, 2012

Japan vs. Godzilla, Round 2

Toured a bunch of college campuses today.  Felt like a high school senior.  Pretty positive we could have played sports at a few of them(looking at you MIT and Harvard).


Backpack Mike: Today was a great day for food. We started the day out in Boston by eating at Kelly's Roast Beef for lunch. I had a fantastic, large roast beef sandwich while Hunter and Mark went for some seafood. Mark had his first clam chowder ever and loved it. For dinner, we had a meal so grand that it might not be matched for the remainder of the trip. We went a bit west of Boston to eat at Eagle's Deli. Here's the scene: it was Mark fighting for the honor of his people. There we stood at the counter, each ordering a Godzilla Burger. For those of you not familiar, the Godzilla Burger is a concoction of a pound of beef with 4 slices of cheese and a half pound of fries. Mark went in for the kill and conquered the beast. He restored honor to the country of Japan and took down Godzilla. Pictures will be coming later in the post:
Other highlights from the trip:
Call me maybe counter - 13
Stop signs run - 2
Somebody that I used to know counter - 27
Minutes that we drove the wrong way on 295 - 52


H$: I ate a crab roll today.  I ate a cheeseburger today.  I went to Harvard today.  I saw an authentic Boston Terrier Today.  Nothing to say.  Here are some pictures of hamburgers.






MRI: Interesting day. We woke up in an entirely different world. A world full of beauty. Beauty that can only be appreciated by retired accountants and overweight stroller dogs. A beauty enjoyed by lovers of nature, patrons of colorful lawn chairs, and owners of an excessive number of tiki lanterns. That's right, we woke up in a trailer park campsite. It was a whole different world. Those people are weird. Anyway, I really liked camping last night. We found the place late at night and had to set up the tent in the dark which was a fun experience.
The day began with a drive to Boston. I slept in the car due to an unfortunately placed rock under my side of the tent paired with a sleeping bag not made for the northeast. We made Boston by lunch and enjoyed walking around the city. I bought a used book at the bookstore. It is called The Art of Loving by Erich Fromm. I'm hoping to pick up some tips on how to love fromm it. (Haha, get it) "But paradoxical philosophy is neither in India nor in China to be confused with a dualistic standpoint." This is me inserting a quote from the book in direct opposition to Hunter's regulation against them. It doesn't matter that it makes no sense. 
We went to North of Boston and got a hotel. Now I am four "cupcakes" deep and ready to go to bed. Have a good night everyone.

2 comments:

  1. I am thoroughly enjoying reading these updates, and I am totally jealous of all the awesome food yall have been eating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested to know more about "cupcakes". Also, my mom's a retired accountant, watch it. A+ blogging otherwise.

    ReplyDelete